A standard hotel booking normally means you get a clean, simple place to rest your head while travelling out of town or on vacation. It may include extras like a 24-hour gym, vending machines, and complimentary breakfasts. But some hotels are getting creative and taking their perks a step further. Often way further.
In a time when services like Airbnb are becoming very popular, hotels around the world are finding other ways to provide truly high-end experiences that travelers don’t get from renting someone’s apartment for a week.
Below are five wellness-focused amenities that really caught our eye from hotels around the country. If you’re looking for something extra while planning your next trip, these can be great for inspiration.
1. First, take The Benjamin hotel in New York City. Patrons can order from a Rest and Renew Menu that includes ten different pillow types plus a list of iron chef-designed bedtime snacks under 200 calories each! Those who have trouble falling asleep will likely find the answer to their problems here.
2. Special dietary needs can be a problem when travelling, but not at a place like the EVEN Hotels. Vegetarian, gluten-free, and low carb diets, just to name a few, are ready to picked right from the menu. Plus, each of their hotel rooms is specially-designed with ergonomic work spaces for those who need to do business during their stay.
3. For those expecting an ultimate spa pampering, Miraval Arizona in Tucson offers a huge variety of services that include what they call “Specialty Bodywork” treatments. For an extra $275, you can experience an exclusive Samadi Healing Ceremony complete with Native American Shamanic drumming and chants plus Reiki, acupuncture, and reflexology treatments. That’s certainly not something you can experience just anywhere!
4. If the kids are tagging along, The James in Chicago makes them feel special too while encouraging family time away from home. Their Lil’ James Family Adventurer package includes a private media room with a full DVD list, a kid-friendly dining menu, guides to family-friendly adventures in the city, books and board games galore, and a special milk and cookie turndown service.
5. Hotels are known for rest and relaxation, but the Kimpton Hotels are all about staying active too. Each of their hotels offers visitors a complimentary custom-designed (and stylish) PUBLIC bike for exploring the city or taking a romantic ride. But if you don’t want to go outside to stay fit, you’ll also find a yoga mat in each room, plus access to jogging stations and healthy meals and snacks.
Making sure clients have access to unique wellness options away from home means more visitors and a better bottom line for hotels. This win-win never felt healthier!